9.30.2008

Walk...races...rides...etc

     So I know what my demo is, I seek out events or what not that will be where they are, to promote things outside our sponsors that they would connect with.

    So I hear of a charity event that I feel would connect them together, first search out how to contact someone involved in putting the event together, then try to explain that I am offering a media sponsorship usually at no cost, and would love to promote the event.  Even maybe offer to have some DJs walk, run, ride or whatever to bring more exposure.

    If I am offering all of this, and many groups complain that its so hard to get the word out about the event, why is it so hard to have someone return a call?  Geeze!!!

    Lucky for me, I LOVE my job!!!!!

peace & blessings
-LJ

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I had the same problem with The Voices... often I was trying to do a positive story about a charity event or a local business, but getting someone to call me back about the event so I could do the story was ridiculous.

Oh and then there was the time that this medical executive questioned my press credentials and refused to be interviewed after I'd already made an appointment with his PR person. I was doing a positive story that would have given him free business.

Grrr!